Sequim School District No. 323
“Inspire and Achieve”
503 North Sequim Avenue, Sequim, WA 98382
Telephone: (360) 582-3260, FAX: (360) 683-6303, www.sequim.k12.wa.us
Preliminary Agenda Revised October 16, 2015 – All meetings in the District Board Room unless otherwise noted.
October 19, 2015 – 6 PM Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER (REF. POLICY 1400)
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (REF. POLICY 1420)
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Request approval of the minutes from the October 5, 2015 Regular Board Meeting, as presented
4. CHANGES/ADDITIONS AND APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA (REF. POLICY 1420)
5. STUDENT BOARD REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNICATION & STUDENT RECOGNITION
6. PUBLIC COMMENTS - This time is set aside for receiving both written and oral communication from those in attendance who wish to speak any item. The Board thanks you for your comments and will take into consideration what you have shared when making decisions about this topic. (Ref. Policy 1430, 4220 and 4220P)
7. BOARD COMMUNICATION AND OTHER ITEMS
8. CONSENT AGENDA – REQUEST BOARD APPROVAL: Any item may be moved to New Business with a motion from any Board member.
a. General Fund Vouchers No. 184600 thru No. 184620 in the total amount of $19,584.85; and No. 184621 thru No. 184624 in the total amount of $1,210.37; and No. 184625 thru No. 184625 in the total amount of $1,566.50; and No. 184626 thru No. 184706 in the total amount of $209,636.40.
b. ASB Fund Vouchers No. 10246 thru No. 10256 in the total amount of $18,693.56.
c. Capital Projects Fund Vouchers No. 2590 thru No. 2591 in the total amount of $72,297.80.
d. Payroll for the month of September 2015 September 2015 in the total amount of $2,017,498.89.
e. Personnel - Employment with the District will be conditional upon the district’s receipt of a criminal conviction history record that is clear of any convictions, adjudications, protective orders, final decisions, or criminal charges in accordance with Washington State law and conditional upon receipt of a sexual Misconduct Disclosure Form from prior Washington State employer(s), where employment was in a school setting, indicating that no sexual, verbal or physical misconduct materials were found in the records of such employer(s) pursuant to RCW 28A.400 and WAC 180-87-080.
Accept Letter of Resignation from Rhonda Wilson, Paraeducator, effective November 6, 2015 as presented.
Offer Classified Learning Coach position at Olympic Peninsula Academy to Rae Jean Holtkamp, for the 2015-2016 school year, effective 10/14/2015, as presented.
f. Data Use Agreement Between Washington Student Achievement Council and Sequim School District to cooperate in sharing information contained in student education records for the purposes of assisting the Local Education Agency (LEA) in identifying students who have or will complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as defined by the U.S. Department of Education, as presented.
9. OLD BUSINESS
a. Policy #1400 – Meeting Conduct, Order of Business and Quorum. The title of the policy has been changed from “Meetings, Public Notice, Quorum and Public Comment”. A provision has been added to allow board members to participate in a meeting remotely. This policy was tabled at the last meeting. Current Suggested Merged
10. NEW BUSINESS
a. Superintendent Evaluation
a. Sequim School District United Way campaign – Patsene Dashiell
b. Superintendent’s Report – Gary Neal
13. FOR YOUR INFORMATION
a. Upcoming Board Meetings, etc.
October 22 – Bond Public Forum at Sequim High School Room P-1 @ 6pm
October 24 – WSSDA Regional Fall Meeting from 11am to 1pm @ Skills Center in Port Angeles.
October 29 – 4:00pm Bond Presentation and Walking Tour of Facilities at Sequim High School Room P-1.
November 2 – 6pm Regular School Board Meeting
November 3 – General Election
November 16 – 5:30pm Reception for Outgoing Board Members 6:00pm Regular School Board Meeting
November 19-22 – WSSDA Annual Conference in Bellevue, WA
December 7 – 6pm Regular Board Meeting and Swearing In of New Board Members
14. FOR THE GOOD OF THE ORDER