Sequim School District No. 323
“All Students Will Experience Success”
Telephone: (360) 582-3260, FAX: (360) 683-6303, www.sequim.k12.wa.us
Preliminary Agenda Revised October 30, 2015 – All meetings in the District Board Room unless otherwise noted.
November 2, 2015 – 6 PM Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
MEETING TO ORDER (
OF ALLEGIANCE (
3. EXECUTIVE SESSION – The Board will convene in Executive Session as per RCW 42.30.110(g) for approximately 15 minutes to evaluate the qualifications of an applicant for public employment, with action anticipated.
6. STUDENT BOARD REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNICATION & STUDENT RECOGNITION
7. PUBLIC COMMENTS - This time is set aside for receiving both written and oral communication from those in attendance who wish to speak any item. The Board thanks you for your comments and will take into consideration what you have shared when making decisions about this topic. (Ref. Policy 1430, 4220 and 4220P)
8. BOARD COMMUNICATION
9. CONSENT AGENDA – REQUEST BOARD
APPROVAL: Any item may be moved to
New Business with a motion from any
a. General Fund Vouchers No. 184707 thru No. 184770 in the total amount of $215,243.65.
b. ASB Fund Vouchers No. 10257 thru No. 10275 in the total amount of $12,623.77.
c. Payroll for the month of October, 2015 October, 2015 in the total amount $2,048,280.65.
d. Personnel - Employment with the
District will be conditional upon the district’s receipt of a criminal
conviction history record that is clear of any convictions, adjudications, protective
orders, final decisions, or criminal charges in accordance
with Washington State law and conditional upon receipt of a sexual Misconduct
Disclosure Form from prior Washington State employer(s), where employment
was in a school setting, indicating that no sexual, verbal or physical
misconduct materials were found in the records of such employer(s) pursuant to
RCW 28A.400 and
1) Accept Letter of Resignation from Olympic Peninsula Academy Learning Coach Cecilia Buhrer, effective September 1, 2015 as presented.
2) Offer classified High School Registrar position to Sierra Brittel, for the 2015-2016 school year, as presented.
3) Accept Letter of Resignation from classified Groundskeeper Samuel Thomas Stumbaugh, effective December 28, 2015 for the purposes of retirement.
e. Approve Contract for Services between Sequim School District and Margaret Ahlgren, to provide services to students as a Birth-3 Child Development Coordinator for the 2015-2016 school year, as presented.
f. Approve Contract for Services between Sequim School District #323 and Judy Price, to serve as a hearing officer, when requested by the Superintendent, in the appeal of student disciplinary actions, for the 2015-2016 school year, as presented.
g. Approve Inter-Agency Agreement between Educational Service District No. 112 (Construction Services Group) and Sequim School District for the purpose of K-3 Class Size Reduction Grant Program Assistance, as presented.
10. OLD BUSINESS
a. Superintendent Evaluation
a. Approve Memorandum of Agreement between Sequim School District #323 and Olympic Peninsula YMCA, to provide support in the amount of $5,000 for the purpose of conducting a market feasibility survey for consideration in evaluating the possibility of running the Sequim Aquatic Recreation Center (SARC), as presented.
b. Policy #0100 – Commitment to Planning. A district planning process can vary from district to district but usually shares some common elements, which are identified in the 0000 series. Classified Discretionary.
a. Superintendent’s Report
13. FOR YOUR INFORMATION
a. Upcoming Board Meetings, etc.
o November 16 – 5:30pm Reception for Outgoing Board Members / 6:00pm Regular School Board Meeting
o November 19-22 – WSSDA Annual Conference in Bellevue, WA
o December 7 – 6pm Regular Board Meeting and Swearing In of New Board Members
b. Other Events of Interest
o November 3 – Election
14. FOR THE GOOD OF THE ORDER