“Inspire and Achieve”
Telephone: (360) 582-3260, FAX: (360) 683-6303, www.sequim.k12.wa.us
Preliminary Agenda Revised November 13, 2015 – All meetings in the District Board Room unless otherwise noted.
Monday, November 16, 2015 ~ 5:30pm Reception for Outgoing Board Members Walter Johnson, John Bridge and Heather Jeffers
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER (REF. POLICY 1400)
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (REF. POLICY 1420)
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Request approval of the minutes from the November 2, 2015 Regular Board Meeting, as presented
4. CHANGES/ADDITIONS AND APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA (REF. POLICY 1420)
5. STUDENT BOARD REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNICATION & STUDENT RECOGNITION
6. PUBLIC COMMENTS - This time is set aside for receiving both written and oral communication from those in attendance who wish to speak on any item. The Board thanks you for your comments and will take into consideration what you have shared when making decisions about this topic. (Ref. Policy 1430, 4220 and 4220P)
7. BOARD COMMUNICATION AND OTHER ITEMS
8. CONSENT AGENDA – REQUEST BOARD APPROVAL: Any item may be moved to New Business at the request of any Board member.
b. ASB Fund Vouchers No. 10276 thru No. 10289 in the total amount of $20,338.74.
c. Approve Agreement between Sequim School District and A2Z Fencing to construct fencing around the portables at Helen Haller Elementary School, as presented.
9. OLD BUSINESS
a. There is none at this time
10. NEW BUSINESS
a. Sequim High School Wrestling team request overnight travel to Blaine, Washington to participate in a wrestling tournament December 11-12, 2015, as presented – Dave Ditlefsen, High School Athletic Director
b. Sequim High School Boys Basketball team request overnight travel to Anacortes, Washington to participate in a basketball tournament December 21-22, 2015 as presented – Dave Ditlefsen, High School Athletic Director
c. Resolution 01-2015-2016 Regarding WSSDA Expenses for Newly Elected School Board Directors – President Bev Horan
d. Budget Extension Request – Brian Lewis, Executive Director of Business & Operations
e. Resolution 02-2015-2016 Debt Service Fund – Brian Lewis, Executive Director of Business & Operations
a. 2015 United Way Campaign Update – Patsene Dashiell, Communications Director
c. Fall & Winter Sports Report – Dave Ditlefsen, High School Athletic Director
d. Superintendent’s Report
12. FOR YOUR INFORMATION
a. Upcoming Board Meetings, etc.
o November 19th through 22nd – WSSDA Annual Conference in Bellevue, Washington
o December 7 – 6pm Regular Board Meeting/Seating of New Board Members
o December 21 – 6pm Regular Board Meeting
o January 5 – 6pm Regular Board Meeting
b. Student Enrollment Report taken November 2, 2015
c. Free & Reduced lunch status report for November
14. FOR THE GOOD OF THE ORDER