Student Registration Forms and Information
NOTICE: Sequim School District Policy Regarding Non-Resident and
requests for the 2016-2017 School Year
over-crowded facility issues we are facing, the Sequim School District will not
be accepting any new out-of-district, or out of attendance area requests for
16-17 school year, with the exception of those categories protected by law. To
1. Out-of-district Choice students and out of
attendance area IntraDistrict transfer students, currently enrolled in the
system, will be allowed to stay until graduation, as per federal guidance. However, a new Choice form or IntraDistrict
Transfer form must be completed each school year, or upon moving out of the
district or out of the attendance area.
2. As per RCW 28A.225.225 , children of a
full-time certificated or classified Sequim School District employee will be
allowed to attend, even if the family lives out of district.
3. We intend to honor current residency boundaries for
elementary attendance. No new IntraDistrict transfers will be accepted. This helps us plan more effectively.
4. Even if there are siblings in our system from non-resident families, we will not accept new Kindergarten students from non-resident families or out of attendance area families.
5. ALL inquiries about non-resident applications
should be directed to Marilyn Walsh at (360) 582-3262 or
Welcome to the Sequim School District.
We are pleased that you are considering enrolling your child in this exceptional, student-focused District.
Your child must be five years old on or before August 31st in order to be eligible for Kindergarten in Sequim School District. Please click "Elementary Attendance Boundaries" in the menu bar to the left to find out whether you live within Greywolf Elementary boundaries, or Helen Haller Elementary Boundaries.
In order to make your child's transition into the Sequim School District as seamless as possible, we ask that you print off and complete the entire Enrollment Packet. Forms are also available at each school and the District office. Some forms in this packet look similar. Many of these forms are state mandated and are required for all students who register. For this reason, it is important to sign each one, whether you believe it pertains to your child or not.
Please also be sure to check your student's school webpage for further registration information needed.
Listed below are the forms necessary to register your child/children.
Sequim School District requires:
- Completed enrollment packet.
- A copy of your child's certified Birth Certificate.
- Verification of your physical address. (This can be any item that verifies your home address such as a PUD bill, phone bill, or lease/rent agreement)
Enrollment Packet includes:
- Welcome (1)
- Registration Form (4)
- Home Language Survey (1) (1- English and 1 Spanish)
- McKinney-Vento (Homeless) Resident Form (1)
- Health Form (1)
- Certificate of Immunization Status (2)
- Request for Transfer of Educational Records (from previous school) (1)
- Authorization for Release of Special Education Records (from previous school) (1)
- FERPA - Directory Information & School Media Publications (2)
- Electronic Use Agreement (2)
- Electronic Resources Policy & Procedure #2022 (5 pages)
McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
You can enroll in school! Questions? Call (360)582-3400.
New to the Area?
No immunization records?
No permanent address yet?
If you are unable to provide the required documentation, or have questions, we will help you register your child for school. Please call the district office at (360) 582-3260 or the registrar at the school where your child will attend.
When the above forms are completed, and you have a copy of the birth certificate and proof of residency, please bring the entire packet to the school where your child will be attending.